Older cohorts will impact the retention rate. If the numbers are increasing slowly then this may mean that it may be taking customers a long time to come back and make another purchase. You might find that customers clustered around Black Friday or the Holidays come back and repurchase at a faster or slower rate than others Cohorts.
To tell more of the story of customers repeat purchasing behavior you look at:
- use the Repurchase Rate metric to see how soon customers are coming back a second time.
- On average, ~XX% of your customers come back by month XX to make a second purchase
- use the Customer Returning Rate to see the non-cumulative percentage of customers come back each month:
- On average, XX% come back by month XX to make a second purchase
- use the Repeat Orders Rate per Cohort to see if a few customers would explain a large amount of repurchase rate:
- On average, XX% orders are coming from your Repurchase Rate
Updated 5 months ago